OET is recognized by Regulatory Healthcare Bodies and Councils in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, United Kingdom, Ireland and Ukraine. It is also accepted for a number of visa categories including work and student visas. Many hospitals and universities consider OET as an evidence of a candidate’s effective communication skill in English.
OET Is Currently Approved For The Following Professions
Each of the sub-tests that makes up OET is graded from A to E.OET GRADE – Description of Ability
- A – Very high level of performance.
- B – High level of performance –ie, able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs.
- C – Good level of performance, however not acceptable to a range of Health and Medical Councils.
- D – Moderate level of performance, requires improvement.
- E – Low level of performance, requires considerable improvement.
Each of the sub-tests that makes up OET is graded from A to E.
- A minimum of ‘B’ grade in each of the 4 subtests is required to clear the exam and it is valid for upto 2 years.
- It’s available up to 12 times a year and can be taken at test venues around the world.
- The exam fee is 587 AUD