OET The English Language Test For The Healthcare Sector
OET is recognized by Regulatory Healthcare Bodies and Councils in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Dubai, United Kingdom, Ireland and Ukraine. It is also accepted for a number of visa categories including work and student visas. Many hospitals and universities consider OET as an evidence of a candidate’s effective communication skill in English.
OET covers all four language skills with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.
Each of the sub-tests that makes up OET is graded from A to E.OET GRADE – Description of Ability
- A – Very high level of performance.
- B – High level of performance –ie, able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs.
- C – Good level of performance, however not acceptable to a range of Health and Medical Councils.
- D – Moderate level of performance, requires improvement.
- E – Low level of performance, requires considerable improvement.
Each of the sub-tests that makes up OET is graded from A to E.
- A minimum of ‘B’ grade in each of the 4 subtests is required to clear the exam and it is valid for upto 2 years.
- It’s available up to 12 times a year and can be taken at test venues around the world.
- The exam fee is 587 AUD